He + She: Let Him Kiss Me
Let Him Kiss Me
Views of sex
1. Sex is God
2. Sex is Gross
3. Sex is a Gift
The average person has their sexual experience at age 16
1/3 of children are aborted and 1/3 that are born, are born out of wedlock
Porno is a 60 billion industry and America spends 12 billion of that. That’s more than baseball and NBC, ABC, CBS combined
200 porn films are made in the US every week
Every second 2000 dollars is spent on porn
Average child sees porn for the first time at age 11
10% of American adults admit being addicted to porn
90% of prostitutes were molested as little girls
We either worship God the creator or we worship creation.
Some of us are thirsty…which is not sin but a desire that we have within us. Many times our thirst draws us to drink dirty water from the toilet. We do thirst but God wants us to drink from the correct source of water…marriage
Understanding sex Biblically
a. SOS never mentions kids and only mentions sex for pleasure
a. Be fruitful and multiply // Gen 28
a. Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh
a. 2 Sam 12:24 Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and lay with her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The LORD loved him;
a. If your desires are not covered in marriage then sin will work its way in
He + She Story_Lizzie Garrison
Song of Songs 1:1-7
We are going to meet a man, Solomon, and a woman…who we do not know exactly who it is,
and then we are going to meet her friends. Men…women come with about 107 friends, no more no less, and if you want to woo her, then you have to woo her friends.
1 Solomon's Song of Songs.
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine.
• Kissing is in indicator of the health of your marriage
• It is really good for the children to see the parents kiss
• Swapping of saliva builds the immune system and creates health, burns 2 calories and if you do it right, it could burn more.
3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you!
• You need to bathe, soap, deodorant, cologne, brush your teeth. If it was up to my wife, then she would want me to shave my legs.
• What kind of name are you making for yourself? What kind of character are you building? When people hear your name…what is the thoughts that come to their minds?
• Ask your wife, is there anything in my character that you find unattractive?
4 Take me away with you—let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.
• 2 ways to do marriage
o PUSH—fear, intimidation, harsh, raise your voice, abuse
o CARRY—care, parent child, draw, attract, desirable, interested
We rejoice and delight in you [b] ;
we will praise your love more than wine.
• Girls are saying, he is a great guy. They are excited about the relationship.
• What do those closest to you say about the relationship
How right they are to adore you!
5 Dark am I, yet lovely,
O daughters of Jerusalem,
dark like the tents of Kedar,
like the tent curtains of Solomon. [c]
6 Do not stare at me because I am dark,
because I am darkened by the sun.
My mother's sons were angry with me
and made me take care of the vineyards;
my own vineyard I have neglected.
• She is Cinderella, poor, works outside, dirt under finger nails, she does not meet the cultural standard of beauty.
• Women think this about themselves all the time…and what are you doing to make them feel good about themselves?
• Your wife has to be your standard of beauty.
o When you are young she is beautiful, when you are middle aged she is beautiful, when you are 70 she is beautiful, when you both gain weight she is beautiful.
• The friends love the guy because he is not looking on the outward appearance but looking at her heart and her character.
7 Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock
and where you rest your sheep at midday.
Why should I be like a veiled woman
beside the flocks of your friends?
• Solomon’s schedule is jammed up because he is king and he has a lot of responsibility.
• She is saying, tell me where you are going for you lunch break and I will meet you there.